Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Well, now I am starting to love the blog. Some friends have sent me some wonderful links for inspiration and people have such cool stuff on them. I figured out the blogroll thing , thanks very much bubandpie.

Anyway, so my friend Cindy tells me that I should just get on here and write about the stuff I tell people about in conversation. Like how fun it was to watch Ben this weekend be such a good little kid. I was washing the car and he first decided it was funny to shoot water at Maxine with the hose, but then once in awhile the nozzle was turned the wrong way and he totally shot himself in the face. But he didn't cry - he took it and just laughed. It was great to watch.

Later, we had popsicles and when we decided that we needed a second one, he said 'I wait here' so then I went inside to get them and when I cam out he was just sitting on the wall very patiently waiting, he is so BIG...it overwhelms me with pride and breaks my heart at the very same time.

One last little episode. It was storming here at some point last week, when Ben and I were quietly having a snack. I was sitting with him while he ate, but I was reading a magazine. All the sudden he reached over and took my hand and said very seriously 'lightning'. I asked if he was scared and he said yes. That is the first time he has ever done that. Previously he has had the instinctual response of running to me and/or crying. But this time he just wanted to hold my hand. It was just too sweet.

I love my boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home